Last week I spent several days teaching a "minicourse" at a local high school. The high school offers unique minicourses to their students as a spring break alternative. The students have an array of amazing options to choose from that range from a week skiing in Tahoe to learning Taiko Drumming or "Get Crafty", the course I taught with another local artist. This course covered a variety of paper techiniques (image transfers, rubber stamp embossing, etc) some book binding and much much more!
I even learned something new; How to make paste papers! Tons of fun and super easy. Basically, you mix a water soluble paint (like acrylic paint) with a water based wallpaper paste (or methecellulose paste, the proper and more expensive version)and VOILA! You are ready for paste paper fun! Traditionally, the paste paint is smoothed onto the paper and then "combed" into patterns. I was lucky enough to score the paste paint left overs. SO, this past Sunday, Patrick, Alston and I had our hand at paste papers.




No comments:
Post a Comment