Monday
This morning Alston and I awoke with the beginnings of another cold. Hopefully, it won't be like the last which turned into a sinus infection. Talk about a drag - sinus infection, antibiotics and a little baby with a cold. Positively, I say there will not be a repeat.
Last night, I was reading "The Rookie Mom's Handbook" out loud to Patrick and Alston. The handbook is written by 2 Berkeley moms and is surprisingly inspiring while being funny. Basically, it's pages and pages of ideas to help new moms(and parents) beat the cooped up feeling that suddenly being at home with a baby can create while being realistic about what a new parent can actually do. One of the activities listed was to do away with the "to do" list and instead create a "did do" list that focuses on all the things (no matter how small) that you accomplished in a day. This one had me rolling with laughter as they outlined something close to my typical day in their example.
So, I decide to write about some interesting things I have accomplished over the last number of days. (Tomorrow, I'll try to post the list of things I DID today).
- went to the Oakland farmers market in the rain
- printed Alston's birth announcements (all three colors). My friend, Libby was kind enough to say this was very ambitious for a new mom - despite the fact that it has taken me almost 3 months. Not to spoil the surprise but here is the last run coming off press.

- made an overcooked dinner (but learned that nursing in the middle of dinner prep = mushy vegetables and stiff fish - SORRY, PATRICK)
- launched kavamorepress.com!!!! This actually required no action on my part really except a little direction and kindness to the supreme web guru, Patrick. Yes, there is a home page up finally!! Baby steps. MANY THANKS, PATRICK!!
4 comments:
Finding this post made my day. I'm so glad you like the book. And, you're a local girl, yay!!
Ditto what Whitney said. Your announcements look totally kick ass and worth the wait. I think I didn't get my lame ones out until about 7 months.
yay! hip hip hooray for the launch of the website!!!!
I love your announcements. I bet you guys are never sleeping. Wow, lots going on over there. Shea and I have to come over and meet your little peanut. He's a cutie! When can we come by!!!!!????? Lauren & Shea
Post a Comment