8.05.2009

Impressions

Last Friday, Alston and I met Alicia and Zadie at a local ceramic painting studio. I've been wanting to get Alston's sweet little toes immortalized in clay. I know, I've been talking about doing this since he was born. I looked at some do-it-at-home kits but but they seemed so generic. So, yes - we finally did it! The owner of the studio was super helpful and seemed excited by my interest to cut my own shapes out of the fresh clay. She was also very skillful in stamping Alston's feet into the clay, which he did not enjoy too much! It's pretty tough to guide the foot of a 9 month old and get a good stamp before they decide to move their foot in a different directions. Kudos to the owner for her cunning skills!

At first foot stamping seemed okay....maybe even intriguing??

And then it was not fun any more.

Fortunately, the sadness was short lived and before long Alston forgot all about how his mother made him squish his foot in cold, cold clay.

Oh, how artists must suffer for their work...

We have to wait a few weeks for the clay to dry and be fired before we can pick it up. Stay tuned for the end results.

No comments: