11.09.2009

Pie Party~

In honor of surviving the first year of parenthood, we decided to celebrate by hosting a pie party at our place. I baked some pies. OH, some delicious pies!
Maple Pecan
Praline Pumpkin
Apple with crumble top
Apple Blackberry
Praline Apple
Beni Imo and Coconut
(aka purple sweet potato layer and coconut layer - yum yams)



* My friend turned me on to Pie of the Month Club blog for inspirations!! And thus Beni Imo Pie was born. This is a winning pie recipe! The blog seems out of date a bit (no posting since 4/09) but still fun.

There was also an apple tasting area and hot cider!!

We had roughly 40 people float through. Many of which brought pies too!

Homegrown Apple Tart
Apple Cranberry Galette with Candied Pecan Crust
Butternut squash Cheesecake Pie
Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
Apple Jalapeno Pie
Tamale Pie
Pumpkin pie
and a few others
Wow, delectable!!!!!!!!

It was a splendid afternoon and great to see many faces we had not seen in awhile. I kinda wanna have a pie party ALL the time. Maybe on a little be smaller scale....




1 comment:

Dubiding My Time said...

Ah, I just remembered the morning when we first lived in number five, and awoke to some kind of cook off madness you two had organized in the courtyard!

I can't remember what the dish was though.

Who were these culinary party people across the way we wondered?

Happy new year to ya,

L&V