Of course, there was some time to kill... running up and down the Embarcadero is fun, coloring while waiting for dinner and eating 2 WHOLE orders of sweet potato fries!
We found a super spot at the end of a pier to watch the fireworks. The lack of hype made for practically a personal firework display for our family. Alston LOVED it! I shot a bit of video of Alston murmuring "boom, pop, pow" with fireworks in the distance. I'll have to get that up on the blog too!
It was a late night but SOOO worth it. Alston was so thrilled and amped about it ALL the way home! AND will clearly be talking about it for months to come.
Sunday would have to deliver to keep up with Saturdays fireworks.
PUMPKINS!!!!!!!!
Could they compete with fireworks???? We've been making decorations for our place by cutting out paper pumpkins, ghosts, black cats and spiderwebs. Alston then colors on the shapes and then they are hung. Every am, he seems excited to see them again like they are new again! So, there has already been some Halloween/Pumpkin hype.
Years ago, I visited this incredible pumpkin farm on the coast with literally a field of pumpkins that over looked the ocean far below. All I remember is that it was down toward Half Moon bay. I still have fantasies about finding this breath taking place again and sharing it with Patrick and Alston. I picked one patch that I thought might be it. We set out early to hit a patch in Half Moon Bay(aka beat the pumpkin picker traffic jam!!). Upon arriving, it was clearly NOT the old-fashioned patch of my dreams but notably better than the bouncy hut filled lots we'd passed. Though I'm sure that would have been fun too! Really, Alston would have fun anywhere. And did!
We picked out more pumpkins than we'd expected to...but it was just so hard to decide.
Great day for the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!!
I'm sure there will be more subsequent pumpkin shots to post soon. The Halloween fun is only just beginning!
PS - I'll try again next year on my old-fashioned pumpkin patch on a cliff....I know you are out there!!! I will find you!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment