That clever little leprechaun got away again this year!! But we did out together a GOOD trap this year. Patrick engineered a trap door in a shoe box and disguised it with a wood grain pattern floor. Then he and Alston decorated wooden "coins" with portraits and gold glitter to fool the leprechaun into thinking it was gold. We rounded out with a rainbow and sign that said " get yer gold here".
Alston asked if we caught the leprechaun, if we could keep it. I explained that I'd heard if you caught the leprechaun that he'd give you all his gold and the. We'd be rich. Alston said "but we're ALREADY rich. Just look at all our stuff"! Man, for a 4 yr old he's pretty perceptive! We do have some much to be thankful and I love that he can see that more is not really needed.
Alston woke up promptly in the AM wondering about whether the trap has ha successfully captured a leprechaun. So, we had to race down straight away. While we did not get the leprechaun . He was pretty thrilled to have caught the leprechaun's hat.






No comments:
Post a Comment