2.25.2010

I am my mother...

When I was wee one my mom said she'd feed me loads of tomatoes from the hamburger "fixins bar" at restaurants. She said it was genius cause she never had worry about what I was going to eat. I was happy as a clam, chowing down on a mountain of tomatoes. Of course, there is also the added benefit that you don't have to waste money on food that your kid probably won't actually eat anyway. Or worse you eat it cause you hate to see it go to waste.

So, today - I am my mom.

Alston and I when on a date, just the two of us. I hit a few stores looking for some cheap basics for my sad outdated wardrobe. This part may have been boring for Alston but I like it!
;)
And then we hit the burger joint. The FIXIN'S BAR rules! Alston loved it! Tomatoes galore!! Oh, and the pickles...this guys loves him some pickles. All you can eat. Wow, he ate soooo many pickles. I finally had to say no more for fear he'd make himself sick. Anyhow, it was a sweet little date. Added bonus, we got to reflect on my awesome mom and her brilliant budget parenting! Good thing I paid attention to all stories over the years or I'd have no idea what to do as a mom.

No comments: