It really was a week of cake! Our visit to CT to see some of my family started with cake, ended with cake and had cake nearly every day in between. There was much to celebrate! Including 7 years of triplet fun times w/ Keven, Kate and Lilly! This is the first cake for the family celebration the weekend before their birthday.
There were funny cupcakes that I made for my sister's school cupcake party.
There were cake hats!
Sometimes there was too much cake.
The girls also had a smashing groovy tie-dye birthday bash with a dance instructor teaching some fun 60s dance moves.
We all tried to don some fun frocks to embody the day...
including the above popcorn vendor!!
The popcorn was POPULAR!!!
And no groovy party is complete without the peace pinata??!?!
and MORE cake!
*** let's take a break from our regularly schedule CAKE for an romp in woods***
Okay and back to CAKE!!! This time for my grandmother's 90th birthday!
90 is pretty big. I can only hope to make it to 90 (or do I??) While I'm sure being 90 has it's challenges but it is wonderful to still have my grandmother around. I wish I was able to see her more (and similarly with all of our family). My grandmother has always been a spunky lady and she regaled me with fun stories of lost loves, the baseball days, the beach house she never should have sold, her racey little Prefect car, the trouble her pretty son would get into and many other things from the day. Some of them I've heard many times over but always love hearing them none the less. She's generous to those she loves but tough as nails. She still got the same smile and sparkle in her eye. I hope she'll live another 90 years!
















No comments:
Post a Comment