12.22.2008

1st Stop - Connecticut

Today, we wrapped up our visit in Connecticut w/ my dad, Maureen, my triplet half sisters (Kate, Keven and Lilly) and my grandmother. It was great to visit with everyone, as it's probably been a little over a year since I had a chance to see this crew (and over 2 years since Patrick saw everyone). Alston was a dream on the 2 plane rides out to the east coast. He did not cry at all. Other passagers even remarked about how quiet he was saying they did not realize there was a baby on the plane. This was a huge relief, as we had no idea what to expect. We can only hope that we'll be as fortunate on our return flights. (above: my dad/Walt, Alston and me)

I truly enjoyed showing Alston off to my family, in particular to my grandmother.
It was a very special moment for me to introduce Alston to his 87 year old great-grandmother. Especially since I think she'd given up hope (as had most of my family) that I would ever have children!

If you can believe it, my sisters are now four! Their personalities are really beginning to shine.
The girls kept us entertained with a continuous fashion show, as they played dress-up. Brides, fairies and princesses are popular with this group.
from the left: Lilly, Keven and Kate

We were lucky enough to arrive before the big snow hit. The northeast was buried in about 15 inches of fluffy white on Friday the 19th! My dad and I attempted to pack some snow down to get a good sled trail going behind his house. The deep, dry snow was a bit challenging but it did not stop us. Lilly was by far the die hard. She kept my dad and I busy dragging the sled up the hill.

Alston was excited to check out his first snow.


After snow time, there was hot chocolate and gingerbread house decorating. What is more holiday than that!

The only downside to the snowstorm is that I had hope my long time friend Erin, her son and her mom would visit us from Vermont. Sadly, the poor travel weather got in the way of our plans. Erin and I were both quite disappointed by the turn of events. I know we were both equally excited to see one another and have an Alston meet-n-greet. Hopefully, we'll be able to coordinate another rendez vous before too long.

All in all, it was a wintery wonderland visit full of dancing sugar plums. Thanks so much to the Sizemore/O'Farrell clan for hosting us!

Next stop Maryland!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still bummed that the weather did not cooperate for my trip down to see all of you. It looks like you had a great visit. My mom and I are already planning a trip to the Bay Area for this summer with Owen!