11.08.2008

Day 1 - Recovery and baby bonding




The first day with Alston was a wonderful blissful fog. I was so amped up I think I only slept a couple of hours. Our first impressions of Alston is that he has a some what mellow personality. He is sleeping FAR more than me and Patrick.



Aunt Laura came by to meet her new nephew. Aunt Laura also brought the most rockin' postpartum meal a woman could hope for....

Sushi and Mimosas!!!

We LOVE you, Aunt Laura! (and thanks for taking care of Pretty while we're at the hospital!)

Kate P. and Paul also came for a visit and brought treats from O-town's favorite, Bake Sale Betty's. They make the BEST ginger cookies and fried chicken sandwiches. It's a must have!

Patrick's parent sent these beautiful flowers. THANK YOU, they really brightened our recovery room!

I hope to get a handle of being a mom and then down load the whole labor/delivery story to you all, as it was a completely surreal incredible adventure. I'm glad I had Patrick along on this ride. I would not have been able to do ALL this without him. As much as I'm in awe of the this experience, I'm flooded with even more emotions about my remarkably supportive husband - dang, I'm a lucky girl!



No comments: