11.01.2008

What's a girl to do while waiting...

Patrick and I managed to rally out to a couple rocks shows. Last night (Halloween) was Yelle (pronounced "yell" which suprised us, as we've been calling them "yell-E" for about 6 months or so).

I also LOVE their YouTube video for:

A CAUSE DES GARCONS

Any how, Yelle is a super upbeat fun French pop band that did not disappoint the sloppy Halloween crowd at the Mezzanine (in SF). We met up with Patrick's sister Laura (donning a superb retro flight attendant costume) and a couple of her Peace Corps friends (Pete Todd dressed as a very odd version of Sarah Palin). It was definitely a late night but one of the more infectiously fun and dancy shows I've been to in a LONG time. I think Julie Budet (the singer) is my new hero.

Tonight's show du jour is the Lovemakers, a true Oakland hometown band. Patrick has seen them play before but I have not had the pleasure. They are playing at a near by Oak-Town establishment (The Uptown). We plan to meet up with Kate P. and Paul (as of 9.26.08 - our freshly wed friends). It's bound to be another great show!

No comments: