Alston lost his umbilical cord stump today. This is Alston's first maneuver in proving he doesn't need me and can sustain himself. Patrick wonders if he should put the crusty stump in a locket like Erik Estrada (read the 1979 section).
I also noticed that Alston's ears aren't nearly as pink as they were when he was born. They are starting to firm up and stand off of his head bit more. I'm sure in a week or so, when the sleep deprivation and hormones have taken their toll I'll be crying buckets of tear over such things. I apologize in advance, Patrick.
3 comments:
Don't you recycle everything out there? Don't you have to compost it? Isn't there a special green ordiance you have to abide by?--Unkle Bryan
So what did you do with the placenta? Plant it?-- Aunt Susan
I'm sure the hospital composted the placenta...I didn't actually ask what they did with it but I did get a good look at. The Dr. was proud to show it off and probably excited that I asked to see it!
It's pretty cool looking! Our doctor was the same way. It kinda looked like a big pancake.
Post a Comment